Request for Proposals - Regenerative farming and farm-to-table café business opportunities - due August 1, 2018.
The Village at Stone Barn is seeking farm and café partners for business operations at the nation's first regenerative agrihood, situated in beautiful Peterborough, New Hampshire. This is an incredible opportunity for dreaming, scheming, roll up ‘yer sleeves kind of people. The farm is located in a clustered, net-zero housing development, sited on 32 acres, with a pond, wetlands, woods, and walking trails. Experimental, innovative regenerative farming and cooking is welcome! We are looking for creative doers, people who are enthusiastic about making the farm and café viable businesses. This project is slated for a fall 2019 opening.
The farm and café are independent enterprises, but will be connected through participation in a site currency called Barn Bucks, which is a CSA currency that residents and community members can join. Barn Bucks will be applied to farm and value-add products, restaurant meals, and on-site fee-based activities and events. The currency enables the farm and café to plan annual operations and get capitalized before production seasons kick off. It also enables both enterprises to operate year-round despite seasonal fluctuations.
We provide the land and physical space, at no cost, you build the business.
Farm & Café Manager opportunities come with many benefits, including:
- Flexibility and creativity to create original business
- Active role in stewarding Village at Stone Barn's land and vision
- Existing customer base on-site
- Iconic property with increasing community attention and press
- Extraordinarily beautiful place to work
- Barn Bucks stipend to be used at café, and free produce from farm
- Partnerships/mentorships with regional producers
- Support for professional development
- Possible low-cost, onsite housing
- Possible salaried Site Manager position
Please submit a letter of interest and résumé by August 1. Email email@example.com